Donations to the University of Cape Town Fund, Inc. are tax deductible to the extent permitted by U.S. law. Donors must send in writing a requested designation, rather than direction of their gift to be eligible for a tax deduction. The Board of Directors of the Fund must consider and approve the allocation of gifts to the University of Cape Town. UCT Fund acknowledges writing all donations received and where applicable acknowledges the donor’s request for their gift to be designated for a specific purpose.
Methods of Giving
Show your support for UCT by making your contribution. Your gift can be made in a variety of ways. The two most popular methods are online (via credit card) and by mail with a check. Remember to include your written request of how you wish your gift to be directed to the University. After making your gift, you will receive an official tax receipt from the UCT Fund for your records.
Give By Wire Transfer
To send a wire transfer please email email@example.com for details
Give By Mail
Your gift can be mailed to:
University of Cape Town Fund Inc.
201 Allen St Unit #10019,
New York, NY 10002
Please make check payable to “UCT Fund, Inc.” and be sure to include your written request of how you wish your gift to be directed to the University of Cape Town.
Give Non-Cash Donations
In addition to the above and bank electronic transfers, UCT Fund also accepts securities, bequests, and other forms of giving.
Please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your preference.
Matching Corporate Gifts
With matching gifts you can double or even triple your contribution! Many companies have programs through which they will “match” the charitable contributions made by their current and retired employees. Through corporate gift matching, your employer can double, even triple your gift to UCT Fund, making it go further to support the University of Cape Town. Recent corporate matching gifts to UCT Fund include: Fidelity, AT&T United Way, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, and ExxonMobil.
How To Get Your Gift Matched
Each participating company has its own guidelines for employees, spouses, retirees, and widows/widowers.
- Inquire with your company’s HR department to see if they participate in matching gift program.
- If they do, then request a matching gift application form from your company.
- Complete and mail form to UCT Fund, Inc. along with your gift and request on how you wish your gift to be allocated.
- UCT Fund will complete donor section of application, verify the gift and return by mail to your company for matching funds.
- Your company will issue a matching gift contribution to UCT Fund, Inc. (average waiting time around six months).
- UCT Fund will notify you once your company’s matching gift is received.